About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Biscuits with Chocolate Gravy




I never had biscuits growing up.  And I certainly never had chocolate gravy.  But that's just the difference between the north and the south...score one for the south!  (We did have fried dough- and that's hard to beat!)  L was a little dubious at first, but she quickly jumped right in.  The "gravy" is a simple stovetop chocolate sauce, not really fudgy, but with a rich flavor.  It's great paired with the touch of grace biscuits- or a pillsbury biscuit!

Chocolate Gravy
Adapted from Paula Deen

1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/6 cup cocoa
1 cups whole milk

Heat butter in a skillet over low heat. Mix in sugar, flour and cocoa. Slowly pour 1 cup of milk into the skillet and whisk well to remove lumps. Whisk in remaining milk, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick, being careful not to scorch. Serve hot over biscuits.


1 comment:

  1. This is insane. I can't decide if I should try it, or avoid it like the plague. Combining biscuits and chocolate???? It's like a scone, only soooo much better. And scarier.

    ReplyDelete