About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Roasted Carrots


I made a critical error when I made these.  I only made one pound of carrots.  Big mistake!! Have I not learned that anything roasted becomes tantalizingly good?  What is wrong with me?  They become sweet, crisp, and popular with the whole family! They are a versatile side and are going to make it onto our table again and again.

Thyme Roasted Carrots with Goat Cheese

2 lbs whole carrots
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt
Pepper
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled

Preheat oven to 400. Peel the carrots. If the carrots are large, half or quarter the pieces (aiming for uniform so the pieces will cook evenly). You can also cut them across into long (6 inch) pieces.  Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the leaves stripped from the thyme sprigs. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until you see some caramelization. Crumble goat cheese over the warm carrots and serve.



1 comment:

  1. These are as good as advertised. Made them with farmer's market purple carrots, and we are making them again to morrow.

    ReplyDelete