About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Strawberry Syrup for Pancakes and Waffles- Brian



So this was my mother's day breakfast.  Brian made the light and fluffy pancakes also on the blog, and also whipped up this strawberry sauce to go with it.  It was sweet and very well done!  Brian and I have different philosophies of cooking.  He like to just kind of wing it and season to taste- I like to measure everything so I can recreate it exactly.  

So I kind of had to pull out of him exactly how he did it- but it would seem this is the way it was done.   The lemon juice is the only thing that's in question, so I used Rachael Ray's recipe to guide me.  





Strawberry Compote:
Adapted from Rachael Ray

1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup water
3 cups of strawberries

Combine sugar, lemon and water in a small sauce pot. Over moderate heat, dissolve sugar into water. Stir in fruit, coating it in sugar water and bring the fruit and water to a bubble. Reduce heat and simmer 7 or 8 minutes.  The strawberries will break down, but may need and extra five minutes.  Serve with French toast, pancakes or waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment