About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Restaurant Style Salsa


Hail to P-dub.  PW sometimes is too non fat conscious for me, but this recipe is your best local mexican restaurant in your own kitchen.  Not chunky, a nice tang from the lime, and completely yum.  Better than any jarred version, and not complex in any way shape or form.  My husband B would insist that he didn't know how to cook- he just assembled.  This recipe is assembly.  It makes about 3/4 of a liter of salsa, too!!
     It's my go-to salsa recipe.  Make this one week when you are planning Benchiladas or Chicken Taquitos- something that needs salsa as an ingredient!

Restaurant Style Salsa
adapted from Pioneer Woman


Ingredients
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
¼ cups Chopped red onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ cups Cilantro
1 1/2 -2 tbsp Lime Juice

Directions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment