About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Rosemary Gingersnaps

Don't be a skeptic.  I positively crave these cookies.  The aroma of the rosemary and ginger is really something else.  Plus, with the addition of candied ginger, these cookies have zing.  Zing.  So if you're faint of heart, stay away from that.  I also added ground white pepper, which adds to the zip.

You can also use ground black pepper, but I like the white pepper.  I got this recipe from a cookie swap, and that alone made the night worth it!

Rosemary Gingersnaps

1 cup granulated sugar (110 gm)
1/2 cup firmly pack light brown sugar (100 gm)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 large egg
1/3 cup molasses
2 tsp ground ginger
2 Tablespoons candied ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 1/2 cups flour (280 gm)

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Combine sugars and butter in a stand mixer and cream for 2 minutes.  Add and beat in the egg, then molasses.  Add in the gingers, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pepper, and flour.  Beat on slow til combined, then add rosemary and combine.  Roll into one inch balls and bake on parchment lined sheets for 10 minutes.  Cool on sheet for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a plate.  Do not overbake!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment