About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Ranch Dressing


I didn't have any idea what really was in ranch dressing, never mind that one could actually make it- quickly, deliciously, and more healthfully!  We are slowly realizing that there is really no need to buy your salad dressing.  My eldest sister has been telling me this for years, but I always thought she was terribly foodie and fancy for insisting it was easy.  Although she is very foodie, she's right!  This makes a lot of ranch, so you need to eat salad nightly for a couple weeks or use it as a condiment- pizza anyone?

Ingredients:
¾ cup light mayonnaise 
¾ cup light sour cream 
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
¼-1 cup fat free buttermilk (I use the 3/4 cup)
1 small bunch chives (or 1 tablespoon dried chives)
Small handful parsley 
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or with a whisk, starting with ¼ cup of the buttermilk and blend for about 10 seconds.  Check the consistency and taste and blend in additional buttermilk as desired- this can go from thick dip to salad dressing.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge.







No comments:

Post a Comment