About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Roasted Tomatoes


I am obsessed with roasting vegetables.  It's a technique that makes everything taste sweeter.  These tomatoes are so much more flavorful than raw tomatoes.  It's so pronounced that these could easily overshadow the main protein, so plan to serve them with something mild- like grilled chicken.  I also love that they are good (almost better) room temperature, so you can make them and then go rescue your daughter from playing with any household item she can get her hands on.  

I made these twice within about 10 days, and I'm already plotting when I can slip them on the menu again!!

Roasted Tomatoes
Adapted from Ina Garten  

Ingredients
12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, cores and seeds removed
4 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Whisk together to vinegar and olive oil.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are concentrated and beginning to caramelize. Serve warm or at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment