About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crab, Lemon, and Avocado Salad



Back on the Wagon.

We just came back from 7 days on vacation, with no rules eating, nightly ice cream, and lots of sand.  But now we're back, and it's time to be disciplined again.  I came back itching to cook, and promptly made a huge vat of the "Staff Dressing," and liked it even more this time.  So for dinner, we actually had salad...and salad.  I may be jumping the gun a bit since it's in the 50's here, but after vacation I wanted a little taste of summer.  I also have my deck furniture out.  It snowed 2 days ago.  Your point?

 I loved the avocado with the crab, and found myself wanting more of it in the salad.  Somehow I know more avocado would make it less treasured (and less healthy) when you do get a bite with avocado.

Crab, Lemon, And Avocado Salad
adapted from Cooking Light: fresh food fast

Ingredients:
3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 lb lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
1/2 cup (about 3) finely chopped scallions
1 diced peeled avocado
Baby romaine lettuce

Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, stirring well with a whisk.  Place crabmeat, avocado, and scallions in a bowl.  Pour wet ingredient over and toss gently to coat (so as not to crush the lumps of crabmeat),  Arrange baby romaine around the edges of a plate and mound salad in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment