About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homemade Kettle Corn


This recipe is so simple, yet so addictive!!  Our favorite local restaurant- and by favorite, I mean, the one that gives balloons when we leave, doesn't shoot us dirty looks ever, and pretends to be endlessly amused by our two midgets- serves popcorn that doesn't hold a candle to this, but it's still very popular.  With everyone.  I found myself prompting the kids "Anyone for Kettle corn?"  It's the perfect sweet and salty combo.

Homemade Kettle Corn
adapted from joy the baker


1/2 cup popcorn
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt


Heat the oil in a large pot with a lid.  Once it's hot, add kernels and sugar.   Start shaking the pot neat constantly to keep the sugar from burning.  Once popping slows, take off the heat, add salt, and shake again.  Empty into a large bowl and try to wait for it to cool a minute (that carmelized sugar is HOT!!).

 Makes 8-10 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment