About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Garlic Lemon Chicken


I love this recipe.  It's ridiculously simple, with things I nearly always have on hand.  The best part about it is the olive oil marinade.  The olive oil permeates the chicken and gives it this wonderful texture and flavor.  I've made this without the lemon zest or parsley in a pinch, as kebabs, as chicken tenders, with tzatziki...   I also love that I can put the marinade in a zip lock on a sunday, and since it's lemon zest and not juice, I can pull it out on wednesday and dinner's great.  These also are good at room temperature- nights like tonight when the kids' needs mandate that you don't eat for hours after you get home!

Garlic Lemon Chicken
Adapted from Annie's Eats who adapted from Williams-Sonoma

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or tenders

Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.  Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix to coat with the marinade.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to several days.

Prepare a medium fire in a grill.  If making kebabs, soak your wooden skewers for twenty minutes in water or get metal ones.

 Discard the excess marinade.  Lightly oil the grill grates.  Place the chicken on the grill, cover, and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment