About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pico de Gallo


It's amazing to me that I grew up with zero mexican food, since I make it as much as I do.  This pico de gallo I made to go with burrito bowls, which I'll post one of these days.  It's a nice thing to make when you can't decide between avocado and salsa!

Pico De Gallo
Adapted from Melissa D'Arabian


Ingredients
Salt
Pinch of sugar
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed and finely chopped
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 lime, juiced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
In a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon salt with the pinch of sugar. In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes gently with the salt mixture. Add onion and jalapeno and combine.

Place the avocado on top of the tomato mixture and squeeze with lime juice to coat the avocado.

Sprinkle on the cilantro, and stir to combine. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment