About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chocolate Playdough


I made this version for the kids.  It's Christmas cookie time, so you know that the kids are all about helping.  I found this recipe in gingerbread form, and I adapted it into chocolate playdough!    So the kids get to roll it, play with cookie cutters, and do their own thing endlessly.  Put in a cute jar with a cookie cutter a bow, and it's fantastic for cookie swaps or your host to the holiday parties.


Adapted from Sweet Sugarbelle


3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup water

In a medium saucepan whisk together dry ingredients. Next mix in the water and oil and stir until a thick batter is formed. Cook the mixture over low heat until a thick dough forms. Turn out onto parchment paper or wax paper and knead until smooth. Makes about 2 cups of dough.

1 comment: