About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Burrito bowls



This recipe is infinitely adaptable.  Shredded beef, pork, chicken, meat free with beans only and grilled veggies?  Sure!  I love the blend of flavors, and I love the pico de gallo's cold contrast with the warm burrito fillings.  And with my new favorite carnitas, it's a sure thing.

Burrito Bowls
adapted from melissa d'Arabian


Ingredients
3 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup uncooked)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 cups cooked black beans
1 1/2 to 2 cups Simple Fresh Pico de Gallo
2 cups Pork Carnitas
1 cup shredded Cheddar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 green onions, chopped

Directions
In a medium bowl, toss the rice with the cilantro and the orange zest. Divide the rice evenly among 4 individual serving bowls. Top with the black beans and half of the pico de gallo. Add warm carnitas and top with the rest of the pico de gallo. Sprinkle on the cheese, and spoon a dollop of the sour cream on top. Finish with the chopped green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment