About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Buffalo Wing Dip


This is not haute cuisine.  This...is football food.  It's what buffalo wings would be in a dip. I usually make it with homemade ranch dip, but not this time.  I was in serious crunch time for my little girl's party.  Same thing with the chicken.  Total easy mode.  You could make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken.

This dip is spicy but the spice is tempered by the ranch and cream cheese, but it's still relatively hot.  It's a great one to have around for parties.  My brother in law turned us onto it, and we have made it a bunch of times and haven't gotten tired of it yet!  You could also toss this with pasta for a take on hot pepper alfredo sauce!   We love it.

Buffalo Wing Dip
Adapted from AllRecipes


2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup pepper sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot®)
1 cup Ranch salad dressing
2 cups diced cooked chicken or canned chicken breast in water
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and hot pepper sauce until well blended. Mix in the Ranch dressing, chicken and Cheddar cheese. Spread into a 9x13 inch or similar baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment