About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mashed Lima Beans

I know what you're thinking.  Lima beans????????

We were tricked into eating these at a neighbor's house for dinner, but they quickly became a favorite.  Now we have them quite a bit, and look forward to it each time we do.  They are very mild flavored, and most of what you taste is the chicken broth.  They are a super healthy alternative to plain white potatoes.  Be adventurous.

Mashed Lima beans
Inspired by Gary and Sharon


1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


In a small sauce pan heat the lima beans, chicken broth, salt and pepper to boiling. Reduce heat and let simmer for a 20 minutes minutes until limas are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed.  Mash or immersion blend.  They should look like green mashed potatoes.  Serve wherever you would mashed potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment