About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chicken Milanese

I love this dish.  I rarely fail to order it when it's available out, but I never made it at home before now.  Ridiculous, really, since it's so simple.

It's lemony, light, and full of veggies.  The goat cheese isn't traditional, but I love it, so we added it. I love pounding chicken breast, it makes it so much more tender.  This is a quick weeknight meal, and is lower carb.

Chicken Milanese
Inspired by Ina Garten

8 oz baby arugula
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved

1 lb chicken breast, pounded thin
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs with 3/4 tsp salt mixed in for dredging
olive oil, for pan frying


For the vinaigrette:
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp

Whisk together pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice until emulsified (until it binds together in a thick dressing).

Dip chicken breasts in whisked eggs, then dredge in breadcrumb-salt mixture and set aside.

Pan fry chicken about 4 minutes to a side in a thin layer of olive oil in your pan.

Toss arugula with vinaigrette, then top with chicken.  Add tomatoes onto chicken and add goat cheese as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment