About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken-occoli Ranch pizza


I could literally never stop making pizza.  It's so adaptable.  This recipe pairs the classic ranch and pizza, but skips the dunking, and replaces the tomato sauce with ranch.  I don't know why my household didn't eat ranch with pizza, but we were missing out!  (not too much, mind you.  We did have fried dough for breakfast and a tomato sauce that could double as a dessert.)

Like every generation, I vow to give my kids a better life.  Since I had a great childhood, that pretty much means I cook a lot for them, from scratch, and introduce them to pizza ranch!!!



Chicken-occoli Ranch Pizza
Adapted from Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
½ batch of thin crust pizza crust
¼ cup Ranch dressing
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½-1 grilled chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 head broccoli, florets only
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven and a pizza stone to 500° F.  Allow the stone to heat for at least 30 minutes.  In the mean time, cut a round of parchment paper the size of your pizza stone.   Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal.  Gently roll out the pizza dough into a large circle, leaving a thicker ring around the edge for the crust.  Spread the Ranch dressing in a thin layer evenly over the unbaked crust.  Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.  Top with grilled chicken, broccoli.  Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.  Once assembled, carefully transfer the parchment round and pizza to the preheated baking stone and return to the oven.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned. Let cool for 2-4 minutes, slice, and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment