About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Whisky Sour



Meet my other addiction- whisky sours.  To say I'm an amateur mixologist would be an understatement.  I loved Midori sours in college, so the idea that I could make my own sour mix was enthralling to me.  Even better, it comes together very easily, especially if you go the bottle juice route.  Try to get a good quality bottled juice (oxymoron???) since it's a big part of the flavor.

Whisky Sour
Adapted from Ina Garten


Ingredients
3/4 cup whiskey (recommended: Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice (4 lemons)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed or bottled lime juice (4 limes)
2/3 cup sugar syrup (see note)
Ice cubes
Maraschino cherries

Directions
Combine the whiskey, lemon juice, lime juice, and syrup. Chill in the fridge and serve up or on the rocks with a maraschino cherry.

Note: To make the sugar syrup, heat 1 cup of warm tap water and 1 cup of sugar in the microwave for about 2 minutes.  Stir until dissolved.  Chill prior to making.

No comments:

Post a Comment