About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Watermelon Lemonade


Unfortunately, I like this much more than the kids do.  It's a nice thing to have on hand when you want to drink something that feels celebratory but your husband suggests maybe you should NOT make a pitcher of margaritas for a change.  I'm confident once the weather stops being so hot the margarita thing will pass.

Otherwise, I've always wanted to see rancho mirage.  Luckily, when I get back this little pick me up will still be accessible!!  


Watermelon Lemonade
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen

makes 2 large glasses

1/4 cup (2 ounces) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh watermelon puree, strained through a coarse strainer to remove seeds
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) simple syrup (i.e. 1 part sugar to one part water, heated to dissolve)
3/4 cup (6 ounces) cold water

Stir it all together and serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment