About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Carrot Ginger Salad Dresing


Do you love the carrot dressing in japanese restaurants?  ME TOO!!!!  Do you need something tasty to help you  eat leafy green vegetables?  ME TOO!  Do you have a $14 jar of miso?  ME TOO!!!!  Well, I did, until I figured out that my husband when kitchen purging, cleaned us out of it. I have to say that it seems that stuff keeps forever, and thank heavens 'cause it costs a fortune.  Anyway, this dressing is so good, I rebought that ridiculously priced jar of miso and I would do it again.  You might want to double this recipe.

Carrot Ginger Dressing
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen


Serves 4, with dressing to spare

1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 small shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sweet white miso
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
2 tablespoons water

1 small/medium head of lettuce or mixed greens of your choice


Whiz the carrots, shallot and ginger in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, then add the miso, vinegar and sesame oil. While the machine running, slowly drizzle in the canola oil and the water.

Drizzle salad with plenty of dressing and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment