About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homemade Chicken Nuggets & Honey Mustard Sauce


OK, so my daughter loved these.  I loved them, my husband loved them-  my son refused them.  After all, they are distinctly NOT in a dinosaur shape.  Mea culpa.  No accounting for taste.  The honey mustard sauce is very mild, not very sweet, but just a nice hint of mustard without being neither acrid nor bland.

Honey Mustard Sauce
Adapted from All Recipes

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions

Mix the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.

Chicken Nuggets
Adapted from Bobby Deen and Sugar Free Mom

1 lb chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 cups ground corn flakes
1 eggs white
butter spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place chicken, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper and 1 tsp. of salt in the food processor and process until smooth.

Combine 1 tsp salt with cornflakes in a bowl and beaten egg white in another bowl.

Liberally spray a cookie sheet with baking spray.

Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, roll the chicken paste into a ball and flatten. I suggest making as many as will fit into your egg bowl before coating them in flour as your fingers get quite sticky.

After dipping in egg on both sides, dip into cornflakes.

 Make sure both sides are coated well. Place them on a baking sheet and flatten slightly.  Spray tops with cooking spray, bake for 8-10 minutes.  Flip over and broil for 60 seconds at close range if more crisp is desired.  (see right most nugget...)



3 comments:

  1. Woman, I know you have cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I draw the line at raw chicken on my cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I draw the line at raw chicken on my cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete