About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sugar Free "Ice Cream"


Meet our new obsession.  No refined sugar, no dairy.   But sweet, creamy, and chocolatey.  The kids love it, and are completely fooled.  I am excited to make these into "fudgesicles."  True, it doesn't hold much of a candle to true homemade ice cream, but given how healthy it is, it is completely satisfying.  Good enough to have every night.

Not that I'd know that from personal experience.




Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Treat
Adapted from Sugar Free Mom


2 ripe bananas, preferably brown spotted
2 tablespoons peanut butter, all natural, no added sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened

Using a food processor, place the bananas in and let it go until you start seeing that is becoming very smooth, no lumps.
Add the peanut butter and continue to process until smooth again. Then add the cocoa and process again, taste and decide if you need any stevia.
Pour it into a serving dish and place it back in the freezer for 60 minutes.
Eat up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment