About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Curried Chicken Salad


I have been addicted to this salad at my work.  I've been looking for a replica, and this salad does my work one better!  I love that it has no rice, that the raisins get plump with the curry mayo-yogurt mix.  It's a nice sweetness, and it also makes sure my husband will stay away from my "raisin salad."
This is a great weekday lunch!


Curried Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
3-4 tablespoons plain or Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon curry powder
Large pinch cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 cup red grapes, halved; or raisins, or chopped apple
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley

Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, fruit and scallions and toss to coat evenly with the yogurt mixture. Stir in the cilantro/parsley. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.




No comments:

Post a Comment