About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Chipotle Ranch Dressing


I love homemade salad dressings.  I take great pleasure in making things from scratch, and keeping preservatives and god knows what else out of us.  Well, except for the adobo sauce bathing the chile peppers- that doesn't count!

This dressing has a good kick, and is great for dipping fries, salads, and sandwiches.   I think it's my new favorite!


Chipotle ranch dressing
Adapted from foodie bride 

3/4 cup mayo (low fat)
3/4 cup sour cream (low fat is fine; or you can replace half or all with fat-free Greek yogurt)
2-3 canned chipotle peppers with 1 Tbsp sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 small bunch of chives
Small handful of cilantro
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk (optional)


To make the dressing, place all dressing ingredients except the buttermilk in a blender.
Blend for 10 seconds. Check consistency and add buttermilk if desired (less buttermilk for dipping, more for dressing).
Store in an air-tight mason jar in the fridge for a week or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment