About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spinach with Garlic Chips


So I was looking for a special spinach recipe to use up the spinach I forgot in a vegetarian enchilada recipe.  The obvious choice is creamed spinach, but it was way too indulgent for a weeknight.  I found this one when I was looking for a spinach version of kale chips (I've been anxious to try that one), and I've got a new veggie fave.  I made several other new recipes for dinner this night, including my first Ina Garten disappointment, but this was the one B wished we had seconds to demolish.  It's nice to have something other than roasted X to look forward to!

Spinach with Garlic Chips
adapted from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
5 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Sliced Very Thin
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 packages (6 Oz Each Package) Baby Spinach
½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Preparation Instructions
Pour olive oil into a large skillet and add garlic slices. Turn on stove to medium -low heat and allow garlic and oil to heat together. Watch the garlic and stir to turn as it begins to bubble. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon as soon as it turns golden brown; do not allow to burn. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Pour off half the oil into a container and set aside. Add one bag of spinach to the skillet. Immediately begin turning gently with a spoon. Spinach will immediately begin wilting. Cook and stir only for one minute, adding salt and pepper to taste. Remove spinach to a plate. Add remaining oil (the oil you poured from the pan) and add remaining spinach. Repeat cooking process.
Serve spinach immediately (it should still be slightly al dente/crisp) with the garlic chips sprinkled over the top. Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment