About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Margarita from Scratch


I have been having a serious margarita craving this summer.  I broke our blender trying to make frozen ones early on, so I had to find a recipe that didn't use frozen limeade.   Besides the fact that I have always liked on the rocks margaritas better...

This recipe is perfect.  It's definitely citrus filled, and even though it has a lot of sugar, I feel like it's better for you than those bottled mixes.  I keep finding occasions to make it- my sister's visit, my brother in law's visit, Tuesday night....

Margaritas from Scratch
Adapted from Confessions of a Foodie Bride


Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (10-12 limes) or use bottled
1/2 cup silver tequila
1/2 cup orange liqueur/triple sec
lemon or lime wedges/slices for garnish (optional)

Instructions

Heat water and sugar for 2 minutes in microwave and stir until completely dissolved and the water is clear. Let cool in fridge.
Pour into a pitcher with lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
Pour over ice and garnish .
To make frozen margaritas, freeze the limeade into cubes in advance. Blend with the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment