About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Soy Marinated Beef Sticks with Cilantro Lime Sour Cream


I am an increasingly big fan of anything marinated.  I work part time, but the 3 days I do work, when I get home, I don't want to think about dinner.  Marinated beef, chicken, what have you- it make life easy. I look for marinades with minimal citrus (marinate chicken n lemon juice and you get rubber chicken).  Then I marinate on sunday and cook later in the week.  Easy, flavorful, more healthful than take out for sure.  I loved the cilantro lime source cream on these.  The beef itself also had a nice flavor.

Adapted from Foodie Bride

Ingredients

steak Skewers
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes
Juice and zest of 1/2 an orange
1 lb flank steak cut into 1/2 inch strips

Cilantro lime sour cream
Small handful cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1/2 cup light sour cream
Juice of 1 lime(or about 2 tablespoons of this stuff)

Instructions

Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and orange juice & zest in a medium bowl.
Add steak, toss and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Heat grill to medium-high.
Grill 4-5 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
Stir lime juice, sour cream, and half the cilantro together.
Serve skewers over steamed rice, garnished with remaining cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment