About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake


Summer is ebbing away.  I know we'd barely know it, but it is.

We ate this when we visited the farm.  It was really yummy, but tragically, I forgot to stick it back in the freezer and it was lost!  Ah well, who needs the calories?

Ice Cream sandwich Cake
adapted from my sister in law


Ingredients
19 ice cream sandwiches
1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge or caramel topping
3 Heath candy bars, or chopped reese's peanut butter cups, or m and m's, or reese pieces
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions
Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from fudge/caramel topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping/caramel over ice cream sandwiches.

In a food processor, chop candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layer of ice cream sandwiches and fudge/caramel topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.

Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.

1 comment: