About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chicken Mole


The first time I made this sauce, I grossly underestimated the amount the recipe called for.  We since have had this sauce 4 more times from the same batch!  Yowzer!

It really has nice, complex flavor with a lot of layers.  The chocolate is savory, not sweet, and the whole sauce is spiced but not spicy.  I have reduced the recipe by 1/2 for you.

Chicken with Mole Sauce
Adapted from Create (Hugh Carpenter)

3 dried ancho chiles
2 tablespoons raisins (17.5gm)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup brown sugar (55 gm)
2 cups red wine
2 oz bittersweet chocolate

Blend all ingredients BUT CHOCOLATE in a blender til smooth.  Place into a pot and bring to a boil, then simmer until thick, about 1 hour.  Add chocolate off heat, and cool to room temperature.
Serve with grilled chicken, or pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment