About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Cake Batter Sprinkle Pancakes

I have to admit that I was completely out of baking powder when I made this recipe.  So my pancakes were flat, but the flavor was delicious!  My daughter has been asking for these pretty much every morning since I made them.

The source recipe called for a vanilla glaze, which looks so decadent, but I think it's too much sugar for my little ones in the morning!  This is treat enough.

Cake Batter Pancakes
Adapted from How Sweet It Is


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup yellow cake mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup assorted sprinkles

Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix. Add 1 cup of milk, egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. You want the batter to look like regular pancake batter; not too thin, not too thick. With using betty crocker's cake mix, I needed about 1 1/2 cups of milk.  Start with 1 cup of milk and add more if needed.

Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Fold sprinkles into batter. Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements onto skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with syrup or plain.




No comments:

Post a Comment