About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sugar Cookie Playdough



I love the smell of vanilla.  Unlike store bought play dough, this stuff smells AMAZING, and is just the stuff to use when your little ones want to use cookie cutters while you bake.  It keeps a really long time- ll that salt is essential to help preserve it, so don't be shy in using it.  This make a great DIY gift in a mason jar!


Sugar Cookie Playdough
Adapted from Sweet Sugarbelle

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Seeds from 1 vanilla bean


In a medium saucepan whisk together dry ingredients. Next mix in the water, oil, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla extract and stir until a thick batter is formed. Cook the mixture over low/medium heat until a thick dough forms. Turn out onto parchment paper and knead until smooth. Makes about 2 cups of dough.



No comments:

Post a Comment