About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Homemade Fresh Strawberry Margaritas


It's been a margarita summer.  This summer has basically sucked, not to mince words or anything.  But so be it.

As my mom would say, "it is what it is."

These margaritas are delicious- so wonderful and fresh.  They are very easy to put together, and a great use for strawberries about to turn!

Strawberry Margaritas

Strawberry Simple Syrup
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Combine equal parts sugar and water, heat for about 2 minutes in the microwave until sugar melts.   Roughly 3/4 cup sugar plus 3/4 cup water will be close.  Then add 1 cup of the simple syrup and 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries.

Margaritas
adapted from foodie bride

1 cup lime juice
3/4 cup silver tequila
1/2 cup triple sec
1 cup strawberry simple syrup

Combine.  

2 comments:

  1. Yum. Why didn't you make THESE in the misery? I'd have been lit through it all. Oh, maybe that's why...

    ReplyDelete