About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Russian Dressing


In my family, russian dressing was always mayonnaise plus ketchup.  This is a more sophisticated version, with more complex flavors.  It is great on salads, as a sandwich spread, or  dip for fresh vegetables.  I was surprised by the chopped pickle, but it makes perfect sense, and gives a nice sour note!

Russian Dressing
Adapted from Jeff Mauro


1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2/3 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 dill pickle, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, smoked paprika, dill pickles and shallots in a food processor until thoroughly mixed. Do not over-blend, you still want texture. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a covered jar until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment