About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Black Bean, Corn, and Edamame Salad



When you have just been at the funeral mass for your mom, and you dig into a salad, and you think "Man, that's tasty.  I have to figure out how to copy that"....you know it's good.

Or that you have a serious cooking obsession.  Either one.

I also had to make this right away, so that it wouldn't build up in my head as "that salad the day we said goodbye to mom."  It had to be a tuesday salad, a nothing salad, a "boy, it's hot out" dinner.  I'm trying to reinvent my life into bundles of time that are less sad.  Wish me luck with that.

Let it be so for you, too- perhaps "that delicious salad I made for my mom."



Black Bean, Corn, and Edamame Salad with Cilantro and Lime Dressing
adapted from tastefully julie

Ingredients
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon agave nectar (or sugar)
2 cobs of corn, cooked, cooled, and corn cut from cob (about 2 cups)
1 cup edamame, cooked and cooled
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained well
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Instructions
Combine the lime juice, oil, and agave or sugar. Whisk together and set aside.
Add the corn, edamame, black beans, onion, and cilantro to a bowl.
Pour dressing over the mixture and stir together gently.
Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight, to allow flavors to blend.

NOTE: updated on 8/18/12 to omit garlic.  Much better without!!

No comments:

Post a Comment