About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos


I made these for the first time, and I was not so careful about stripping the ribs out.  Consequently, these were like russian roulette.  You never knew when you'd get a super hot one!! Regardless, they were truly yummy.  Next time, I'll be more careful in the prep.

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Adapted from Pioneer Woman


15-20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 pound regular Bacon, Sliced Into Thirds


Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane completely if you want them mild.  Leave the ribs if you can take the heat. Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice). Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.

Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. The rack lets the grease drip off and the jalapeno not to sit in it.

Serve immediately, or eat at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment