About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Funfetti Cake Pops


This was my first cake pop attempt.  I have to say, I was completely pleased.  They keep very well in the fridge since they are encased in chocolate and combined with frosting, so feel free to make these on saturday for a late the next week party.  Everything's more fun to eat on a stick!  They are a great thing for parties since there's no slicing, they are totally fun, and single serve size.  I would make them again any day!



Instructions:

for 23 cakes pops, fill 2/3 full 12 paper lined cupcake wells from one recipe Funfetti Cake.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until top springs back.  Peel off layers and crumble cupcakes.  Mix with 1/2 the recipe from the "buttercream", or until a playdough like consistency is formed.  Scoop in a small to medium cookie scoop, and set aside.  Meanwhile, melt 12 oz bittersweet chocolate chips.  Dip the tip of your lolly stick in the chocolate, then set inside your cake ball to make a cake pop.  Place in the fridge to set the chocolate for 15 minutes.  Repeat until all cake is used.

Dip pops in melted chocolate, then roll in topping (crushed nuts?  sprinkles?  coconut?  cocoa powder?).  Chill.  Store in plastic bags until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment