About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hummus


Do you ever forget which is your favorite recipe for some common things?  That happened to me with this hummus.  I was convinced it was any numbers of recipes, when meanwhile, it was Ina all along.  This is most garlicky, lemony hummus you could ever hope to meet.  It makes a great pre-dinner snack with fresh veggies!

Hummus
Adapted from Ina Garten


4 garlic cloves
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
8 dashes hot sauce
Directions
Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment