About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chocolate Granola with Coconut and Cherries


Chocolate granola?  I had to try this.  Plus, I had to make something for my husband to snack on when he was on his way out to the woods.  I love coconut, love cherries, and love granola, so this was a must make.  I was really pleased with it.  Plus, it'll make your milk chocolate!

Chocolate Granola with Coconut and Cherries
Adapted from Keep it Simple Foods


Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup agave nectar (or honey)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
1 scant teaspoon salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine rolled oats and almonds.  Heat coconut oil, then add cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, and honey.  Add oats and almonds.  Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast for 20-30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.

Once cool, add cherries.  I lightly toasted the coconut by itself for 10 minutes before adding.




No comments:

Post a Comment