About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Herb Dip


I'm always surprised at how perfect Ina Garten's food is.  I made this dip for our neighbors' visit for dinner and drinks.  And again when we had friends over.

2 nights later.

It's that good.  It's a nice change from the traditional ranch, and a lot less labor intensive than her french onion dip recipe.  The dill is subtle- I am not a huge dill fan.  Neither is B- approximately 12 years ago I made a recipe from Silver Palate with a dill sauce, and it was horrible.  He still torments me with it occasionally.  This one, however, was an instant hit.  Usually I have to prove the recipe was in some way fat reduced before he goes at it with gusto, but this one he didn't even ask.  Some things are better left unsaid!!

If you can get fresh dill, go for it, and use a tablespoon as per her original recipe.  

Herb Dip
adapted from Ina Garten
ingredients


8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (lowfat ok)
1/2 cup sour cream (lowfat ok)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (lowfat ok)
4 scallions, white and green parts, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dried
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and blend. Serve at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment