About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries


These fries are a great, satisfying-fried-crunch-from-a-baked-recipe treat!

They are not complicated, and once you do them this way, you'll be hooked.  I want to try these on regular potatoes too!  I would suggest dipping them in the comme ca burger sauce.

Crispy Baked Sweet Potato fries

adapted from The Art of Doing Stuff

start with 2 large sweet potatoes.

Cut your fries in standard fry shape.

Preheat oven to 450 F.

Soak fries in cold water for 30 minutes.

Transfer the fries after draining water and drying lazily (you don't want them bone dry) into a zip top bag.  Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1-2 tbsp cornstarch into bag, seal, and shake until lightly coated.  Add 2 tbsp olive oil and shake to coat.  Lay onto a cookie sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes  until golden brown and crispy, but soft on the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment