About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Spiced Honey Chicken



So this meal is not spicy!  It's tempered by the honey glaze, and  there's not a lot of heat to the spices in it.  There's definitely a savory-sweet pair, but spice?  No.  I adore it, and it goes perfectly with the coconut rice.  Everyone needs an excuse to eat more coconut rice.  Were I not running to the grocery store to get the ingredients for this, I probably would have topped it with some finely diced scallions.  Ah, well, that's what next time is for!  This is also an easy weeknight meal-- no tough prep!


Spiced Honey Chicken
Adapted from Our Best Bites

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs
2 tsp vegetable oil

Rub:
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder

Glaze:
1/2 Cup Honey
1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar


Heat your grill to medium.

Whisk together the ingredients for the rub.  Place the rub in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken in it until all the surfaces of the the chicken are covered.  Lightly spray the chicken with oil (use a mister)  or cooking spray.

Combine the honey and cider vinegar.  My honey is room temperature; if you store it in the fridge you may have to heat it to soften it.  Reserve about 2 tablespoons.

Grill for  about 4-5 minutes, flip, grill 4-5 minutes more, then brush both sides with the honey glaze, and cook for 1 minute more.

Place on a serving plate and drizzle honey glaze over it.  

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome, I have all the ingredients, and, lucky me, just bought more coconut milk for rice today! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete