About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup


So the temp is going to the 40's tonight, and I have been hit by the fall bug.  I made this immediately after seeing Shawnda's post.  Fall is about pumpkin.  Today I made pumpkin yeast rolls, pumpkin pancakes, and this.

And that was just one can of pumpkin!!!  It's really delicious.  I can't wait for morning to have it again!

Adapted from Confessions of a foodie bride


For the pumpkin spice syrup:
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cinnamon sticks or 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
3 Tbsp canned pumpkin


To make the syrup: Heat sugar and water in a small pot over medium heat until the mixture is completely clear, or microwave for 2 minutes and stir until clear.
Whisk in the remaining ingredients off heat.
Allow mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Strain syrup through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer into a large jar or bottle.
Keep syrup in the fridge, for longer life.

Add to coffee for your own homemade pumpkin spice coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment