About Me

My photo
I am working mom who loves to cook and bake. I hope to keep track of recipes and share some of my better ones. In the process, hopefully my photography and cooking will get better and better!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Best Broccoli Ever


Another roasted vegetable recipe?  Yep.  I'm essentially a one trick pony when it comes to veggies.   This one is made bright by lemon zest and parmesan cheese.  It will make you abandon steaming broccoli for the rest of your life!!   



Adapted from Ina through the Amateur Gourmet

4-5 lbs broccoli
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 lemon
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425F.

Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Add 4 garlic cloves.


Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.

Take it out of the oven--and zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil,  and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment